Local Food Hub depends on outside support for approximately two-thirds of its budget, and seeks an Associate Director of Philanthropy to join its small but dynamic team.
The Associate Director of Philanthropy works with the Executive Director on all aspects of fundraising, including strategic planning, grant submissions, special events, donor cultivation, and annual gift appeals. The successful candidate will have excellent writing and communications skills and a proven track record in fundraising.
– Understand and articulate organization’s mission, strategy, and program
– Maintain and maximize databases and donor list
– Participate in budget development, help set fundraising goals, and track progress towards those goals
– Conduct donor research and ensure timely cultivation, follow-up, and tracking of new and current prospects; coordinate donor relationship management with board, ED, and key staff
– Develop and steward corporate relationships and manage corporate sponsorships
– Coordinate with communications team on all outgoing communications, and prepare and manage fundraising appeals
– Lead planning and execution of special events
– Oversee grant submissions, including tracking, reporting, and reimbursement requests
– Update Board of Directors on fundraising initiatives and progress
– Bachelors degree or higher
– Experience or training in fundraising principles and practices, including budgeting and grants management
– Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage complex processes
– Well developed written and oral communication
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Solid knowledge of information technology, including database and spreadsheet software. Experience with Bloomerang a plus.
– Flexibility, self-motivation, and ability to exercise independent judgment
– Experience with agriculture and/or local food systems work a plus
Flexible working environment, competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.