Local Food Hub seeks a Financial Manager to support all aspects of the organization’s accounting, financial management, and benefits systems.
This is a management position that reports to the Executive Director and oversees the bookkeeper. The Financial Manager works closely with other senior managers on forecasts, analysis, and systems development, and maintains positive external relationships with outside vendors, partner producers, customers, and service providers. This position requires experience in nonprofit environments and excellent organizational, accounting, and interpersonal skills.
– Work with senior staff on financial planning, analysis, and structuring of new business opportunities
– Oversee accounting procedures and internal controls, work with senior staff on new or improved systems
– Audit and adjust as necessary general ledger accounts, including but not limited to expense allocations, bank reconciliation, A/R, A/P, prepaid expense, loan accounts, etc.
– Monitor weekly cash flow and report status to Executive Director
– Prepare all financial reports and budgets as needed, including but not limited to grants, organizational, and programmatic needs
– Prepare for and oversee annual audit with external auditor, including 990 tax form preparation and expense allocations across programs
– Together with Development Staff, ensure all state and federal grant requirements are met and proper forms are submitted
– Monitor and track restricted grant funds and expenditures, and develop systems for efficient tracking
– Oversee bookkeeper, ensure smooth A/R and A/P processes
– Process bi-weekly payroll, including tax payments and reporting
– Coordinate employee benefits and ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations, including compliance with financial audit standards
– Conduct biannual review of insurance policies
– Prepare and submit all other state and federal tax payments and reports
– Experience with nonprofit and business accounting, and knowledge of GAAP principles
– Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
– Comfortable with varied IT platforms and web-based programs
– Advanced experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel; experience with integrated systems a plus
– Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage complex processes
– Familiarity with federal grant funding processes and requirements
– Flexibility, self-motivation, and ability to exercise independent judgment
– Experience with agriculture and/or local food systems work a plus
Flexible working environment, competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.