Local Food Hub is hiring our next Executive Director
Full Time, based in Charlottesville, Virginia
Local Food Hub is looking for an inspired and motivated Executive Director to join our passionate and dedicated team. Local Food Hub is a values-driven organization desiring a leader who is not only concerned with what we do but how we do it and treat others along the way. The Executive Director will spearhead our organization’s mission of increasing access to fresh, healthful, locally grown foods and working with Virginia farmers. This position will also lead to the implementation of our recently updated strategic plan for the Local Food Hub’s future growth while working with farmers, community partners, and donors to create a thriving and inclusive local food system.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the organization’s programs and services, including food access programming and grower support
- Foster relationships with farmers, community partners, and donors to build support and ensure the success of Local Food Hub’s mission
- Lead fundraising efforts to support the organization’s growth
- Collaborate with staff, board members, partners, farmers, and Fresh Farmacy program recipients to gather feedback and ensure that all stakeholders contribute to the decision-making processes
- Establish and maintain relationships with other food system organizations and partners to promote food equity, diversity, and inclusion in the local community and beyond
- Work with the board to ensure compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements and maintain donor and community trust by ensuring good governance, accountability, and fiscal responsibility
- 5+ years of nonprofit and/or business management experience, including budget development and oversight
- Demonstrated fundraising and development success with knowledge of grant writing, federal grant management, and individual donor stewardship
- Knowledge of local and regional food systems
- Strong leadership skills with experience fostering a healthy and effective culture with staff, board members, volunteers, the public, and key stakeholders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to develop and implement a strategic and comprehensive vision for the organization while upholding the organization’s values
- A commitment to social justice and experience incorporating equity, diversity, and inclusion into organizational practices, policies, and programs
Salary Range: $95 – $115K, commensurate with qualifications and experience
Local Food Hub provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be accepting applications through the month of June and expect to hire a candidate in August.