Local Food Hub is a nonprofit organization that partners with Virginia farmers to increase community access to local food. It operates both an aggregation and distribution business and a variety of technical assistance and community partnership programs. Local Food Hub seeks a full-time Managing Director to join its dynamic team.
The Managing Director oversees all functions associated with the safe and efficient procurement, handling, sales, and delivery of local food at Local Food Hub. This includes business development and oversight, managing distribution staff, and creating and implementing systems and protocols. Excellent management and business skills, as well as some logistics and produce experience, are required for this position.
The Managing Director works closely with all senior management and the board of Local Food Hub, represents the organization in a variety of settings, and is responsible for ensuring teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Oversee distribution staff, including:
- Hiring warehouse staff
- Ensuring thorough training according to established SOPs
- Overseeing weekly scheduling for drivers and warehouse employees
- Oversee and troubleshoot warehouse functioning
- Ensure accurate receiving of product and inventory management
- Develop and implement efficient delivery routes
- Ensure compliance with all food safety and transportation safety protocols
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports on sales with respect to budget goals
- Help to identify and develop new business and growth opportunities
- Work with Executive Director and Board on long-term planning and systems development
- Experience building and/or managing a small business
- Mastery of concepts related to fresh produce, such as perishability, safe food storage and rotation, grading and packing, and quality consistent with Local Food Hub and USDA specifications
- Strong communications skills and experience in managing and motivating staff
- Ability to manage and troubleshoot problems with warehouse infrastructure and operations
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and Quickbooks
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Competitive salary and benefits, positive working environment. Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.