Now Hiring: Sales Associate, full-time
Local Food Hub is a nonprofit organization that partners with Virginia farmers to increase community access to local food. It operates both an aggregation and distribution business and a variety of technical assistance and community partnership programs. Local Food Hub seeks a Sales Associate to join its dynamic team.
The Sales Associate is responsible for developing and maintaining sales relationships with customers seeking to procure local food within a defined service area. This includes day-to-day sales and order fulfillment, ensuring exceptional customer service and satisfaction, building relationships with supply chain and food service partners, and collaborating on long term forecasting, product development, marketing, and new business development. This position requires excellent organizational, technical, and interpersonal skills.
- Communicate regularly with customers and act as day-to-day sales contact within sales territory
- Cultivate new customers
- Along with the rest of the distribution team, help to maintain inventory system, including invoicing, inventory adjustments, analysis and troubleshooting supply issues
- Help develop marketing materials to support and strengthen relationships with buyers
- Regularly visit customers to solicit feedback, conduct demonstrations, and identify new sales opportunities
- Maintain familiarity with product
- Work with management team on short and long-term sales planning, product development, data analysis, and tracking
- Experience in sales and a demonstrated track record of working positively with customers
- Familiarity with the fresh produce market, including concepts of perishability, GAP requirements, freight, accounting, and traceability
- Familiarity with budgeting, food costs, and product quality
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel
- Familiarity with Central Virginia’s geography, agricultural history, products, and farming practices
- Experience with QuickBooks and inventory systems a plus
- Familiarity with warehousing/cold storage activities and infrastructure
- Clear and direct communication, correction, and follow through
- Passion for local food systems and non-profit work
Competitive salary and benefits, positive working environment. Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, but nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties at any time.